We provide support in helping grantees meet Global Fund requirements in monitoring and reporting.
We assist principal recipients (PRs) in reviewing performance indicators, designing systems for robust data collection and analysis, developing plans and procedures for monitoring implementation and reporting, and building the capacity of staff to manage the process.
We facilitate the implementation of monitoring and reporting tools as appropriate. For example, Q Partnership is able to assist countries to conduct workshops using the Monitoring and Evaluation Systems Strengthening Tool (MESST), a self- assessment tool recommended by the Global Fund in the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) action plans for each grant.
We also work with country coordinating mechanisms (CCMs) and PRs to introduce “grant dashboards” to improve CCM oversight. This summary tool presents periodic programmatic, financial, and management indicators for individual grants in a 1-3 page format. Grant dashboards alert CCMs to signs of flagging or outstanding performance, enabling CCMs to focus oversight where it will be most useful.
Depending on the country, Q Partnership can assist with the following:
- Facilitation of MESST workshops and development of an M&E action plan
- Pre signature support for finalising the performance framework
- Reviewing indicators that will be used for grant performance and reporting
- Updating and modifying indicators and targets, at Phase 2 ,Rolling Continuation Channel, or grant consolidation stages
- Assessing and strengthening current M&E systems
- Helping the PR lead a self-assessment of M&E procedures already in place
- Developing an overall M&E plan
- Clarification of sub recipient reporting channels, procedures, and formats to satisfy quarterly or semi annual reporting requirements
- Capacity building of PR and sub recipients to complete required reports, including preparation of training materials and training of master trainers
- Capacity building of CCMs (in collaboration with CCM consultants) to improve oversight
- Support for the development and installation of CCM and PR dashboards
- Support with implementing Enhanced Financial Reporting and improving understanding of performance-based financing
- Harmonisation of Global Fund reporting with national reporting under the Three Ones Principle.